11 August 2020
The Annual Council Meeting of Wivenhoe Town Council will be held virtually at 7.00pm on Monday 17 August 2020 for consideration of the business set out below.
This meeting can be held virtually by virtue of The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England & Wales) Regulations 2020.
If you are a member of the public and would like to attend this meeting, please email the Town Clerk- email@example.com
Public Questions: are invited prior to the start of the meeting for a maximum of 10 minutes and limited to 3 minutes per person at the discretion of the Mayor.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest: To note the nature and type of declarations of interest in accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct (and Section 106 of the Local Govt. Finance Act 1992) relating to items on the agenda.
3. Mayors Opening Remarks: To receive the report of the Mayor Cllr Phil Booth.
4. Minutes of the last meeting: To agree the minutes of the Full Town Council meeting held on 20 July 2020.
5. To agree the minutes of the Extraordinary Full Town Council meeting held on 8 July 2020
6. Committees: Structure and appointment of members: To conduct a review of committee membership and appoint members of the following committees;
c. Finance and Administration
d. Estates (Open Spaces)
e. Estates (Properties)
f. Environment & Sub Committee; Health & Wellbeing
7. Working Groups: Structure and appointment of members
Proposal by Cllr Booth that following a review of the Working Groups in February 2020 the following changes are made:
a. That WLH, Minibus and Museum WGs report to the Estates (Properties) Committee.
b. That the Allotments WG is report to the Estates (Open Spaces) Committee
c. That a new WG known as Funding, Engagement and Youth Working Group is formed (which incorporates the previous WGs known as Youth and Communications)
Then to appoint members and receive a report for each of the following working groups;
o Office & Yard
o Funding, Engagement & Youth
8 Representatives on other bodies; to agree on representatives on the following;
Colchester Association of Local Councils
Public Transport Representative
Community Safety Group and NW
Colne Estuary Partnership
Wivenhoe Housing Trust
Wivenhoe & District Sporting Facilities Trust
Wivenhoe in Bloom
9. Subscriptions: To approve continuing membership of the following organisations and authorise payment of appropriate subscriptions;
Annual Subscription (£) (TBC)
a. Essex Association of Local Councils - subscription (inc. contribution to NALC)
b. Colchester Association of Local Councils
c. Fields in Trust (formerly NPFA)
d. Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management (ICCM)
e. Society of Local Council Clerks (SLCC)
f. Eastern, Essex & Herts Regional Employers Organisation for Local Authorities (Resource) NJCouncils
g. National Ass of Local Councils (NALC) Direct Information Service
h. Community Transport Association
i. Council for Protection of Rural England
j. Rural Community Council of Essex (RCCE)
k. Friends of Historic Essex
l. Museums Essex
10. Review and adopt the following;
a. The Council’s Standing Orders
b. The Council’s Code of Conduct
11. Reports from Members of the County and Borough Councils:
a. Essex County Councillor J. Young.
b. Colchester Borough Councillors; Cllr M Cory, Cllr A Luxford-Vaughan & Cllr C Liddy
c. Public Transport Representative; Mr P. Kay
12. Co-option- An update from the Chair and the Town Clerk
13 Town Clerk’s Report
14. Committee Reports:
a. Planning Committee: To receive a report from the Chair
b. Estates (Properties) Committee: To receive a report from the Chair
c. Estates (Open Spaces) Committee: To receive a report from the Chair on the meeting held on 5 August 2020.
d. Personnel Committee: To receive a report from the Chair
e. Finance and Administration: To receive a report from the Chair
f. Environment and Health & Wellbeing sub-committee: To receive a report from the Chair on the meeting held on 11 August 2020
15. RFO’s Report
a. To receive the report of the RFO.
b. To note the monthly bank reconciliation.
c. To approve a list of monthly payments up to the date of the meeting.
d. Budget Report
16. Schedule of Town Council meetings in 2020/21:
Meetings will be held at 7.30pm on the third Monday of each month. The meetings for 2020/21 will be held on the following dates:
21 September 2020
19 October 2020
16 November 2020
21 December 2020
18 January 2021
15 February 2021
15 March 2021
19 April 2021
17. Date & time of next meeting; The next meeting, is scheduled to be held at 7.30pm on Monday 21 September 2020.
Exclusion of press and public: In accordance with Paragraph 1 (2) of The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, the Council is invited to consider if the press and public should be excluded from the meeting during the consideration of the following item(s) owing to the confidential nature of the business.