11 July 2020
A meeting of Wivenhoe Town Council will be held virtually at 7.00pm on Monday 20 July 2020 for consideration of the business set out below.
This meeting can be held virtually by virtue of The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England & Wales) Regulations 2020.
If you are a member of the public and would like to attend this meeting, please email the Town Clerk- firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Questions: are invited prior to the start of the meeting for a maximum of 10 minutes and limited to 3 minutes per person at the discretion of the Mayor.
Apologies for absence: To receive apologies.
Minutes of the previous meeting: To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 15 June 2020.
Declarations of interest: To receive any pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda.
Reports from Members of the County and Borough Councils
a. Essex County Councillor; J. Young.
b. Colchester Borough Councillors; M. Cory, C. Liddy and A. Luxford- Vaughan.
c. Public Transport Representative; Mr P. Kay
Appointment of the Mayor for 2020/21
- Update from the current Mayor and consideration of this position going forward
- Should it be agreed that the current Mayor will step down, a vote will take place for Mayor for 2020/21. (All nominations must be proposed and seconded).
Appointment of the Deputy Mayor for 2020/21
- The council to resolve by vote if it will stand by the decision made on 13 January 2020 that Cllr Luxford-Vaughan was formally nominated as Deputy Mayor for 2020/21 – (a proposer and seconder required).
If the council resolve to stand by the decision, Cllr Luxford-Vaughan will be formally appointed.
- Should the council resolve that it will not stand by the decision made on 13 January 2020, the Mayor will call for nominations for Deputy Mayor. All nominations to be proposed and seconded. A vote will then take place.
- Personnel. An update from the Chair on the meeting held on 24 June 2020.
- Environment-An update from the Chair on the meeting held on 16 July 2020.
- Properties- An update from the Chair on the meeting held on 8 July 2020.
- Finance & Administration- An update from the Chair on the meeting held on 9
Approval of External Audit Submission for 2019 / 20 following the Recommendations of the Finance & Administration Committee Meeting held on the 9th July 2020
- Approve the attached Financial Regulations
- Internal Audit
- Review progress of 2018/19 recommendations
- Review progress on 2019/20 Internal Audit
- Approve appointment of Internal Auditor
- Audit Requirements
- Approval of attached Asset Register
- Approval of attached Risk Assessment
- Approval of Insurance proposals
- Approval of the attached 2019/20 Annual Governance Statement
- Audit Requirements – 2019/20 Accounting Statement
- Approval of Bank Reconciliation as at 31st March 2020
- Approve year on year comparisons and explanations.
- Approve explanation of differences between comparisons
- Approve Accounting Statement 2019/20
- RFO Update
- Approval of Bank Reconciliation 30th June 2020.
- Approve list of payments previously circulated.
- Budgetary Control Report as at 30th June 2020.
- Report Changes in Banking Arrangements
- Notify members of their required participation with Finance
- Council to approve the Covid-19 Risk Assessment
- Skatepark WG- An update from the Chair
- Date and time of the next meeting: The next meeting is scheduled to be held at 7.30pm on Monday 17 August 2020
- Exclusion of press and public: In accordance with Paragraph 1 (2) of The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, the Council is invited to consider if the press and public should be excluded from the meeting during the consideration of the following item(s) owing to the confidential nature of the business.