Estates Properties 8.7.20

MINUTES of the Estates (Properties) Committee meeting held on Zoom on 8 July 2020 at 7.30pm Chair Approved

Present: Cllr Needham (Chair), Cllr Nash, Cllr Tile, Cllr Aldis, Jo Beighton-Emms (Town Clerk) and Andy Hearn (Estates Properties Manager)
Public
Questions: None.

Minute No Item
EP07.20.01 Apologies for absence: Cllr Newton and Cllr Boughton

EP07.20.02 Declarations of interest: None received

EP07.20.03 Minutes of last meeting: The minutes of the meeting held on 12 February 2020 were proposed by Cllr Tile, seconded by Cllr Nash and agreed as an accurate record of proceedings.

EP07.20.04 Estates Team Properties Report: The Committee considered a report from the Estates Properties Manager (‘EM Report’), which is attached as an Appendix A.

Bike Station- The EM confirmed that the Bike Station had been moved to outside the WLH where there is CCTV coverage and better lighting.

Following a query from Cllr Aldis, the Town Clerk confirmed that the public toilets would reopen on 13 July.

Pavilion- The Town Clerk confirmed that a structural survey was required as a previous survey was for the condition only. Any works to be agreed with the tenants will be subject to this survey.

Cllr Nash asked for an update on the New Cemetery wall and was informed that this matter was with the insurance company. Works to commence in 2 weeks’ time.

Cllr Needham asked about the progress of the Sensory Garden and was informed that this is ongoing.

EP07.20.05 Council Properties
A) Council Offices: Update from the Town Clerk on the Royal Mail lease; The Town Clerk provided an update. It was agreed that the Office & Yard Working Group should meet soon to discuss next steps. Town Clerk to arrange

B) Police Houses: No update

C) WLH: Offer from a member of the public to purchase an area of land. The Town Clerk informed the committee that a member of public who was known to her personally would like the committee to consider her offer to purchase a small area of land to the rear of the car park at the WLH. The area had a large tree on it which was causing issues for her and the area of land would expand her garden. The councillors debated the matter with Cllr Aldis saying that if the tree were removed the car park exit could be improved and widened. He did not think the land should be sold.
Cllr Needham proposed that the committee determines that Wivenhoe Town Council should retain this area of land. This was seconded by Cllr Aldis with all in favour. The Town Clerk to inform the resident.
Cllr Needham said that the EM should look at the tree to see if work should be done on it. Cllr Nash offered to raise funds for the cost of removal of the tree if this was necessary.

D) High Street Car Park & Toilets: See above

E) Chapel Museum: Cllr Aldis reported that in his opinion given the space in the museum it should remain shut this year. It was agreed that this was a sensible approach.

F) Cook's Shipyard (Fisherman's Store): Offer from a member of the public to purchase the Fisherman’s store; The Town Clerk updated the committee on this offer and also that she was making enquiries regarding the ownership of the land. It was agreed that regardless of the outcome of these enquiries the committee should debate whether they would sell.

Cllr Needham proposed that following the offer to purchase the Fisherman’s Store and land the council do not wish to sell. This was seconded by Cllr Nash, with all in favour. The Town Clerk to inform the resident.

G) Pavilion; See above

Cllr Nash said that on behalf of all councillors she wanted to thank the EM for his hard work during the Covid-19 crisis.

EP07.20.06 It was agreed that the next meeting will be held on Wednesday 9 September 2020 at 7.30pm

The Chair closed the meeting at 20.13

Signed ………….………………………………...
Chairman

 

Appendix A.

Estates properties report 8/7/20
WLH
Main hall Heaters installed and annual gas safe inspection passed.
Main hall repainted during lockdown
Kitchen currently being replaced with a domestic installation, this includes a full height fridge freezer and dishwasher. I have also taken the opportunity to move pipework, rewire and plaster the kitchen whist the hall has been closed.
Hand sanitisers, floor and wall signage and a one-way system have been implemented as per covid RA
No suitable site is available for the bike repair station in front of the main office so it will be installed near the front door of the hall covered by lighting and CCTV.
Council Offices
Hand sanitisers and spit screen installed
Entrance ramp to main office will be addresses when resources permit.
Car Park and toilets
Floor and wall signage displayed, hand dryers have been disabled and replaced with hand towel dispensers. Staff PPE has been improved and extra cleaning is programed.
Police Houses and shop
New boiler installed at no83.
Pavilion
TC to update.
Yard and Outbuildings
Hand sanitisers and covid signage installed, minibus to be sanitised after each use.
Cemetery chapel and toilet
Nothing to report.
Fisherman’s store
TC to update.
Quay shelter
Nothing to report.
Miscellaneous -Cemetery wall repairs to start in under 3 weeks
Job list to complete;-
Monitor soak away within yard for office block.
Church wall repair to side gate- to complete this month.
Sensory garden
Front office pathway