Essex County Council’s Public Health team will be launching a new £7.5 million grant programme this year.
The Public Health Accelerator Bids (PHAB) programme will fund new projects that are both grounded in public health principles and deliver services in new and innovative ways, focusing on those most affected by health inequalities.
Covering an initial three-year period, PHAB projects will lay the foundations for the achievement of longer-term health outcomes that will allow everyone in Essex to live a healthy life and achieve their full potential.
The PHAB programme will fund projects supporting the aims of the new Essex Wellbeing, Public Health and Communities Plan, which outlines specific areas of focus for prevention work, and asks for a new level of engagement from communities and individuals to ensure the public health solutions we collectively develop are owned and sustainable.
Improving people’s health and reducing health inequalities are vital to our plans for levelling up Essex and the programme will focus on supporting communities in Essex with the worst health outcomes.
Their aim is that PHAB will make a difference to the lives of many vulnerable residents across Essex and focus on closing the health inequalities experienced in Essex.
Grants are available to a range of groups, including:
- voluntary and community organisations
- registered charities
- charitable incorporated organisations (CIOs)
- not-for-profit companies limited by guarantee.
- community interest companies (CICs)
- statutory bodies (including NHS Integrated Care Systems, local authorities, town, parish or community councils)
- community benefit societies
- co-operative societies
- consortiums of organisations
They are looking for applicants that have the expertise to deliver innovative public health projects.
The programme is made up of two grant funding streams:
- small grants under £15,000 – for these there are no deadlines, and the application process is shorter
- major grants over £15,000 – no limit to the amount you can ask for, with grants approved proportionate to the scale and outcomes of the project
Applications for the small grants and first round of the major grants open on Monday 4 September. They wanted to share the news with you so that you can begin to compile ideas and explore how your organisation could benefit from the programme.
Expressions of interest for the major grants programme will be invited from 1 August. There will be more than one round of applications for the major grant funding.
They expect to award the first grants in November and will notify both successful and unsuccessful applicants via email.
If you have any queries about the PHAB programme, you can email PHABApplications@activeessex.org.
This link will forward to to the correct page on the website Public Health Accelerator Bids (PHAB): Overview Essex County Council