Town Clerk’s Report- Full Town Council meeting 15 March 2021
- Staffing-From 29 March furloughed staff will be back at work. The WLH reopens on 12 April for children’s classes and 17 May for adult classes (subject to government review). Mowing has started on the KGV- Andy and I met with Mark Halladay to discuss the areas which are to be left uncut as per the green verges project.
- I attended a clerk’s meeting with Essex Police on 18 February. They will be holding a ‘meet & greet’ on 17 April at the Co-op triangle. I will send a reminder nearer the time.
- Maurice and I have made progress on the lease matter- update to follow under Part B.
- We had a meeting with the Wivenhoe Wombles, CBC Zone Team and Cllr Mark Cory on 1 March. This was a really productive meeting at which CBC gave us information on their parameters and assistance they could provide, as well contact details for items found such as trolleys.
- I have collated feedback from those who completed the skatepark survey and with Chris Job’s help will next be contacting pump track building contractors. Following the meeting with Tarmac on 16 February, I made enquiries with their grants team and we do meet the criteria for the skatepark, although we can’t apply until we have quotes.
- I have circulated a report from the EA about the quarry, following a FOI request. Please let me know if you want to follow this up.
- A reminder for the planning committee that we have a meeting about the Taylor Wimpey development on Tuesday 16 March at 7.30pm.