Town Clerk’s Report- Full Town Council Meeting 17 January 2022
We still haven’t had any interest in the vacancy for a pontoon keyholder and cleaner for the public toilets, office and WLH. I have readvertised on our website and FB page and at the University. This will be discussed at the next Personnel Committee meeting on 23 February. Please note that the toilets may have to close at the weekends until the post is filled as Michael cannot continue to work 7 days a week.
In line with government guidance, office staff continue to work in the office on a rota basis.
Notices are in place asking for the use of facemasks in the council offices, chamber and the WLH.
2. Colchester Community Policing Team are holding ‘Coffee with Cops’ on 19th February 3-5pm in the WLH. Please attend if you can. This was requested by local residents through our Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator.
3. The vaccination bus is returning on Sunday 30th January at the William Loveless Hall.
4. The Community Days and Community Fund are now advertised on our website and Facebook page. We have had a lot of interest in the Community Days. These will be agreed at the next Estates Committee meeting on 16 February.
5. A timetable of events for the Queen’s Jubilee weekend in June will be announced after the next meeting on 20 January.
6. Please note that the next Planning Committee meeting has been brought forward to Tuesday 25 January to allow for consideration of the two planning applications from Manor Oak Homes. This is for two developments on Elmstead Road and the land behind the fire station.
7. I am attending study days in Leicester on 1-2 February.