Town Clerk’s Report- Full Town Council Meeting 20 June 2022
1. Staffing: No update. A thank you from me to all of the staff for their help with the Jubilee events. They did a fantastic job.
2. Work on the sensory garden will start on 20 June. We will be working with The Conservation Volunteers group as well as a Colchester based charity for the disabled.
3. I have had meetings with Wivenhoe Scouts and have agreed on access for their new storage facility which will border the garden. The next step in the yard will be to remove the old Christmas lights container and create additional parking. I am in contact with the Christmas lights group to arrange a date to move the contents to one of our garages, with the help of WTC staff.
4. Can you please let me know if you are planning to attend the Green Verges Project open evening event on 22 June at 6pm so that Glyn and Mark H have an idea of numbers.
5. The PROW on Smith’s Corner was formerly created on 10 June. I will announce this on our website and Facebook page. The old signage will be removed and new signage will be installed by ECC.
6. I am working with the Personnel Committee on a safeguarding policy, with advice from NALC.
7. I have contacted the CBC s106 team regarding a possible alternative use for the dinghy park, such as a market.
8. The Community Engagement WG met on 20 May and the Funding WG will be meeting on 15 June at 1pm.
9. The Royal Mail vacated the ground floor on 31 May, following a handover meeting. The locks have been changed to secure the area.
10. We have a presentation from Andrew Lipski of Gigaclear, about the roll out of fibre broadband in Wivenhoe, at 6.30pm on 20 June. Please confirm if you can attend. So far, I have confirmation from Tim, Tom and Rik.
11. I am on leave from 24 June to 11 July. Mandy or Emma will cover the Estates and Planning committee meetings.