Town Clerk’s Report- Full Town Council Meeting 21 March 2022
1. Staffing: No update.
2. Jubilee events: Posters and social media updates will be going out soon for the concert on Thursday 2 June. Please spread the word to any groups or businesses who may want a stall at the fete on Saturday 4 June.
3. Sensory Garden-I have been working on a grant application to Enovert Community Trust (formerly Cory Environmental Trust) which has now been submitted. I will submit further applications to ECC and the National Lottery Community Fund.
4. We received 2 tender applications for the skatepark. The contract will be awarded on 8 April.
5. To date I have not received any interest in the vacancy for co-option.
6. I circulated a draft Media Policy and would be grateful for any comments.
7. We had a meeting with the architect on 4 March regarding the office redevelopment. An update will be provided under Part B.
8. Jim has planted cherry trees on Smith’s Corner for the Queen’s Green Canopy initiative. The plaque will be installed soon.
9. Jim and Andy have been installing the new fencing along the top of the KGV/De Vere Lane in line with an agreement with Fields in Trust and the resolution of the land registry issue.
10. The next FTC meeting will be a week early on 11 April, as the third Monday in April is a bank holiday.