Town Clerk’s Report- Full Town Council Meeting 25 April 2022
1. Staffing: We are currently short staffed. Please bear this in mind when you are planning any projects.
2. The skatepark contract has been awarded. A meeting is being arranged to discuss when the works can start.
3. A meeting I had arranged with The Conservation Volunteers group to look at WTC projects they can work on has been postponed until early May.
4. I have circulated a quote for Alderman badges for which I need full council approval.
5. I have been corresponding with ECC to arrange to use the library as a reception and meeting area whilst the council offices are being redeveloped. They have agreed and I have circulated the licence to share agreement for which I need full council approval.
6. The Bike Kitchen have signed an agreement to use the Fisherman’s Store for a further year.
7. I have sent Jubilee press articles to the Gazette and Wivenhoe News. Please let me know if you are happy to have a Michaels board at home to advertise our events. The next Jubilee WG meeting is on 19 April.
8. Andy will be starting work on the worst area of the old cemetery wall, subject to agreement from the Estates Committee to additional labour costs. He will update the committee at the meeting on 20 April.
9. I attended an event on 9 April to mark the opening of the new Wivenhoe Ferry jetty. Wivenhoe Ferry Trust thanked WTC for its contribution of £400 from the Community Fund.
10. The next FTC meeting will be the Annual Council Meeting on Monday 16 May 2022.
11. I am on leave on 21-22 April